Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
On 15/06/18 21:16, Per Jessen wrote:
Liam Proven wrote:

Fedora's implementation, YUM and now DNF, is pretty smoooth -- but the
supplementary tooling, such as the graphical package manager, are very
poor indeed. Synaptic is still the best graphical package manager I've
seen on any OS of any form. YAST's inability to allow the selection of
multiple packages to remove drives me crazy.

That must be something specific to the Qt version - it certainly works
fine in ncurses. Maybe a bug, YaST has had a lot of work recently.

Er, no. I spoke with the YAST project lead about this when I joined the
company last year. He confirmed it and said that he might reconsider and
look at adding the functionality if I could offer a convincing use-case.

However, I've been busy with my actual day job.