Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
On 06/17/2018 09:32 AM, ellanios82 wrote:
On 17/06/18 15:07, Rodney Baker wrote:
all open in their respective apps in the state
in which you last left them

 - is this more-or-less what LibreOffice does ?

OS/2 had the concept of work space folders.  You'd create a folder for a
project, for example, and do all your work within that folder.  When you
wanted to work on something else, you'd close the folder, which closed
everything within it.  Then when you came back to that project, you'd
open the folder and be exactly where you left off.  Another thing I
remember was desktop templates.  You'd create a template of some sort of
document.  Then when you wanted to create a document based on that
template, you could simply drag it off the template and it would open in
the appropriate app.  If you'd asked me 20 years ago, when I was
providing 3rd level OS/2 support at IBM, I could have told you about a
lot more that the WPS could do that other desktops could do.  IBM even
came up with a WPS desktop for Windows 3.1, which was far better than
the original, yet was still not as capable as the WPS on OS/2.