Re: [opensuse] Limiting the battery charge on a laptop permanently plugged on
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 13:58:06 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

If the electronics were clever enough to fully unplug the battery
circuit flow when the battery is fully charged, there would be no need.

Well, the electronics of my lenovo is 'clever' enough to keep the CPU
frequency nailed down to 800MHz if I dare to put it in the docking station
without a battery :((

They seem to not trust the current stability of external power supplies...

On the pro side it only starts charging when below 90%, without needing
external software to do so.