Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
  • From: Mikhail Ramendik <mr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 14:34:12 +0200
On 16 June 2018 at 07:11, Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The hardest thing for me, moving from OS/2 to Linux, was missing the
"Workplace Shell" desktop environment. That had some really cool features that
no Linux distro has ever matched.

I was on OS/2 from 1994 to 1997 (Warp 3). I had to leave because of
the application scene drying up.

Could you describe what desktop features were really cool? I do
suspect there's an open-source reimplementation somewhere out there,
so if you can name them I would look for it.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik