Re: [opensuse] zypper/yast vs. other package managers (was: Philosophical question?)
On 2018-06-16 12:36, Rodney Baker wrote:
On 2018-06-16 07:02, Rodney Baker wrote:
On Saturday, 16 June 2018 11:27:38 ACST John Andersen wrote:
[...]
AND YES, I use YAST where I can see exactly what is going to be done,
without dry runs, and wading through a man page 4 reams long.

[...]

YaST is great, but on tumbleweed I prefer the "zypper dup --download-only
-- auto-agree-with-licenses" incantation first, before finally running
"zypper dup".

On TW *you have* to use zypper dup.
But you can use "download in advance then install" in a single command.

That's true, but I prefer to supervise the installation process. Downloading
can happen when I'm in bed, but installation when I'm at the kb.

Then I would try the actual dup without a refresh. The repos might have
got updates between the download and the second actual dup, so it might
download things again ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.