Re: [opensuse] zypper/yast vs. other package managers (was: Philosophical question?)
* Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-16-18 09:40]:
On Saturday, June 16, 2018 5:07:36 PM WIB Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-06-16 07:02, Rodney Baker wrote:
On Saturday, 16 June 2018 11:27:38 ACST John Andersen wrote:
[...]
AND YES, I use YAST where I can see exactly what is going to be done,
without dry runs, and wading through a man page 4 reams long.

[...]

YaST is great, but on tumbleweed I prefer the "zypper dup --download-only
-- auto-agree-with-licenses" incantation first, before finally running
"zypper dup".

On TW *you have* to use zypper dup.
But you can use "download in advance then install" in a single command.

Sory to interupt with a question. What is this single command?

zypper dup --help
look for download