Re: [opensuse] zypper/yast vs. other package managers (was: Philosophical question?)
On Saturday, 16 June 2018 19:37:36 ACST Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-06-16 07:02, Rodney Baker wrote:
On Saturday, 16 June 2018 11:27:38 ACST John Andersen wrote:
[...]
AND YES, I use YAST where I can see exactly what is going to be done,
without dry runs, and wading through a man page 4 reams long.

[...]

YaST is great, but on tumbleweed I prefer the "zypper dup --download-only
-- auto-agree-with-licenses" incantation first, before finally running
"zypper dup".

On TW *you have* to use zypper dup.
But you can use "download in advance then install" in a single command.

That's true, but I prefer to supervise the installation process. Downloading
can happen when I'm in bed, but installation when I'm at the kb.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CCNA #CSCO12880208