Re: [opensuse] opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 10:46:49 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-06-16 00:29, Felix Miata wrote:

Felix Miata wrote:

I don't get it either. Scripts and pictures aren't necessary parts
of viewing archived mailing list posts.

Per has explained the real reason why old browsers are not supported
and encryption is enforced.

"Older TLS versions have long been deprecated and now disabled" is an
oversimplification that doesn't explain why everyone must only use
modern bloated browsers to read static pages:

You missed what he said about google ;-)

Google wants encryption. Google will not index plain sites.

AFAIU, we're not quite there (yet). I haven't looked at it in any
detail, but apparently Google will give preference to encrypted sites
over unencrypted. I.e. rank them higher.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.7°C)
Member, openSUSE Heroes