Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:16:09 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Liam Proven wrote:
Fedora's implementation, YUM and now DNF, is pretty smoooth -- but
the supplementary tooling, such as the graphical package manager,
are very poor indeed. Synaptic is still the best graphical package
manager I've seen on any OS of any form. YAST's inability to allow
the selection of multiple packages to remove drives me crazy.

That must be something specific to the Qt version - it certainly works
fine in ncurses. Maybe a bug, YaST has had a lot of work recently.

I don't understand Liam's comment at all. In Qt YaST I just bring up a
list of packages and right-click on the icons of each package, select
delete and move on to do the same with the next one. So what's the
issue?

PS But I do agree that synaptic is very nice for package management.