[opensuse] opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
Hello:

I tried to open openSUSE mailing lists in an older firefox, 24.8.1 ESR at

http://lists.opensuse.org/

which redirects to

https://lists.opensuse.org/

and the browser can't open the page, instead give an error message:

"The connection was interrupted

The connection to lists.opensuse.org was interrupted while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I guess the problem might be an authentication/key/certificate error. (Newer seamonkey can open the page).

First I don't really get why looking at a mailing list page requires an https connection at all.
I can imagine that some want secure connection to the mailing list site but automatic redirection
should not occur.
Third, many https site just work with this old firefox.

https://software.opensuse.org/ doesn't open either.

https://www.opensuse.org/ works.

This should be fixed.

Istvan