Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on 2 in 1 device
On 15/06/18 05:20 AM, Bengt Gördén wrote:
I'd indeed prefer something more "useful", able to work as tablet as well as
notebook.

I own a Lenovo Yoga X1. It doubles as laptop and a tablet. It's crazy
expensive compared to buying separate tablet and notebook/laptop.

Well, yes there is that.
As it happens, I use my wired house phone, my Samsung smartphone, my tablet, my
PC and my laptop for separate and distinct roles.

There is some overlap. I can read email on my smartphone and tablet as well as
the PC & laptop, but I don't like the UI on the former two. I can do word
processing and browsing on everything except the house phone but I prefer the
bigger screen of the PC.

The smartphone slips into my shirt pocket. It's charge lasts all day.
The tablet slips into my larger jacket pocket and its charge seems to last a
couple or three days.
The laptop slips into my backpack and its charge seem to last half a day,
perhaps.
Obviously my PC and my wired phone aren't portable.

I can carry spare batteries for my smartphone and my laptop.
That's "CAN". I actually don't have them for the laptop as I do for the
smartphone and my cameras. My tablet doesn't have a "user accessible" battery.

There are good tablets out there 'cos they were designed as tablets.
There are goo laptops out there 'cos they were designed as laptops.
But is a laptop with a detachable screen running laptop software or tablet
software?

Yes, there is an overlap in the functions available on my portable devices, but
that's not the point. They have separate roles.

If you think you want a laptop with a screen that detaches and is used as a
tablet instead of separate laptop and tablet then it is not merely about the
price but about your work and work-flow.
It may be cool but it may also be awkward.