Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
On 15/06/18 02:17, Liam Proven wrote:
On 14/06/18 15:29, Stevens wrote:
I mean, what is its main claim to fame? The answer to that has changed
over the years but I wonder what it is now. Maybe someone here can make
a compelling case for the use of opensuse instead of any other linux
distro. If so, I would like to see it. What use case would cause
opensuse to be selected? I suppose in order to answer that, one must be
fluent in the various linux dialects.
I am relatively fluent in various Linux dialects, so I guess I could
have a try.

I have just returned to using *SUSE after some years away. I started
with Lasermoon Linux-FT in 1996, experimented with Red Hat Linux on
servers in 1997-1998, first switched to it as my main desktop briefly
with Caldera OpenLinux in 1999, and for longer with SUSE Linux
Professional in about 2002. I switched to Ubuntu with 4.10 in 2004 and
still use it on my home laptop, for now.

I also regularly evaluate other distros, including Fedora, Mint,
Elementary, Bodhi, Arch, Debian, Devuan, TrueOS, and others.

<pruned>

Have you looked at Manjaro Linux (with KDE) (https://manjaro.org)?

BC

--