Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
On 2018-06-14 20:11, Per Jessen wrote:
Knurpht@openSUSE wrote:

Same here. Started with 5.4 in 1998, left Windows in 2001, tried other
distros, but always next to S.u.S.E./SuSE/openSUSE. It's simply home.

Yup. Of course, nostalgia is all very well :-) but, what is that makes
openSUSE a truly great product? (apart from the people)

It is a question I don't make myself anymore :-)

I made a decision long ago (in my case, a magazine said it was the
easiest to use). Now, it is simply easier to continue using it, while
there are no good reasons to change (there have been temptations along
the way, though). There are reasons to continue, but I don't think
consciously about them :-)

YaST
KDE
ease of installation

For me, it's also that openSUSE is complete, including more exotic
stuff - root on NFS, iSCSI, FCoE, high-availability, firewall. I did
once try to get Ubuntu to boot from iSCSI or even just mount an iSCSI
drive, it was fun but exhausting. With openSUSE, overall, things just
work.

Yes, must things work :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,