Re: [opensuse] firewealld and nfs ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 07:36:38 +0200
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-12-18 16:08]:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-06-12 19:20, Per Jessen wrote:
Hi simon,

thanks for the detailed explanation.
it makes it more clear for me.
so i decided today to asked a question about how
to configure firewalld to work korrect with nfs.
unfortunately i have not receifed any anwer up to
now,

firewalld is brand new to openSUSE, not many people will have any
experiences to share. In addition, running nfs over a firewall is
a bit unusual, I would say.

No...

Yes. Ok, we have now have at least two people who run nfs over a
firewall. I still suggest it is unusual.

three

and I have been doing so for quite some years. cifs also.

Okay, I guess 4-5 users in the same situation makes it slightly less
unusual, but never mind - key thing is, plenty of help for Simon's
firewalld issue. :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.2°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.