Re: [opensuse] Re: What Does "Active Contributor" Mean?
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:58:29 +0200

With the exception of Per and Carlos, I can't easily name any of the
regular participants of this list as active contributors to the
project....

Selective recall perhaps? openSUSE mailing lists aren't the only evidence
of project contribution:

Reported by, bug date that is in state RESOLVED FIXED; oldest & B.O.O. # &
email; forums.opensuse.org sign-up date:

Christian Boltz: 2005-01-15 # 64869 suse-beta@ 2008-10-14
Per Jessen: 2005-09-04 #115227 per@
2010-07-13
Me: 2006-01-04 #141443 mrmazda@
2008-12-21
Carlos Robinson: 2006-04-26 #170000 carlos.e.r@ 2009-02-04

----
L A Walsh 2007-02-12 #244788 suse@t.l.o 2003-12-28 21:48:59 (-800):

To: suse-linux-e-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subscribe suse-linux-e

^^^ First involved w/suse before O.S. existed - subscription to email
list in 2003(Q4)...from my outgoing email Record

I think I had some bugs in the suse system, but dunno if I can even
access it.

I didn't reproduce all the data from the lists, but did
preserve order of those w/higher numbers than me.

Reported bugs by, total:
Christian Boltz: 1145
Per Jessen: 451
Felix: 263
Carlos Robinson: 431
Richard Brown: 71

----
L A Walsh 53

Reported bugs by, which are in state RESOLVED FIXED:
Christian Boltz: 359
Per Jessen: 190
Felix: 125
Carlos Robinson: 165
Richard Brown: 44
Simon Lees: 23

L A Walsh 15

Reported bugs filed by, RESOLVED FIXED percentage:
Christian Boltz: 31.4%
Per Jessen: 42.1%
Carlos Robinson: 38.2%
Felix: 47.5%
Gertjan Lettink: 50.0%
Simon Lees: 63.9%
Richard Brown: 62.0%
Sarah Julia Kriesch: 44.0%

L A Walsh 28.3%

Reported bugs by, which are in state RESOLVED DUPLICATE:
Christian Boltz: 45
Per Jessen: 59
Felix: 19
Carlos Robinson: 50

LA Walsh: 5

Reported bugs filed by, RESOLVED DUPLICATE percentage:
Christian Boltz: 3.9%
Per Jessen: 13.1%
Felix: 7.2%
Carlos Robinson: 11.6%
Gertjan Lettink: 25.0%
Simon Lees: 5.6%
Richard Brown: 2.8%
Sarah Julia Kriesch: 5.6%

L A Walsh 9.4%

&& 20(38%) WONTFIX,
6(11.3%) INVALID,
1(1.8%) WORKFORME

Latest resolved-fixed: 2015-06-12
After that date, 1 is still open "In_Progress"
8 were closed as "RESOLVED:WONTFIX" w/1 in 2015, & 6 in 2018

As I mentioned...I did report bugs, but it became pointless as
I was told my use-cases were not supported.

I've been on the mailing lists for suse since 2003 and
using it since 2001 on my home server.
And what about me and the other forums team members that send people over to
bugzilla ? Incl. your own advice to people to do so? How are we gonna count
those ? I know that I've done so hundreds of times, yet these bugs are not
registerd on my name/account? Same goes for the others in the so called
statistics.
Mind this is not to you personally, but to the others participating in the
thread as well. Nobody can expect any of us reporting these bugs ourselves,
specially if we cannot reproduce them.
Another thing: bugs/issues reported on github / progress.o.o are in the
equasion as well.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member