Re: [opensuse] firewealld and nfs ?
  • From: Andrew Colvin <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:54:24 +0100
On 2018-06-12 19:20, Per Jessen wrote:
Hi simon,

thanks for the detailed explanation.
it makes it more clear for me.
so i decided today to asked a question about how
to configure firewalld to work korrect with nfs.
unfortunately i have not receifed any anwer up to
now,

firewalld is brand new to openSUSE, not many people will have any
experiences to share. In addition, running nfs over a firewall is a
bit unusual, I would say.

No...

Yes. Ok, we have now have at least two people who run nfs over a
firewall. I still suggest it is unusual.
My HA-cluster nodes are still running susefirewall on all network ports and
uses drbd, nfs, pacemaker,corosync, iscsi and firewall session replication
between the nodes. I have put off swapping to firewalld so far and now I am
feeling more uncomfortable. Oh well I suppose I will eventually bite the
bullet and enjoy myself fixing my cluster. I could always turn of the
firewall on the data network