Re: [opensuse] Mailinglist changes going forward

On 12/06/18 20:15, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-06-12 07:45, Simon Lees wrote:

On 12/06/18 01:19, Simon Becherer wrote:
Hi,

i read the most of this mailing-list "changes going forward".
but still, i have no idea where to asked my questions, maybe my english
is to bad, maybe there where no clear enough explanation i understand, maybe
i have not 100% read this.

could anybody make this clear for me, i do not like to waste other peoples
time and i am willing to try to use the correct mailing-list:

lets make some example's:

(some real problems at the moment:)

1)
question: a (this) package has a problem:
gcad3d2.352+git20170420.b5668e9-1.1.rpm
-- i asked this on this list what to do. because no answer, so maybe wrong
list,
but i do not know. meanwhile i have contacted upstream and packer and
got responds from both, so i think problem will be in future fixed.
but, where to asked if i do something wrong with installation or if
it IS a package problem? - here I found by myself out it IS not a local
installation
problem, its a package problem.,
but after receive infos from packer, its not a package but a upstream
problem.
but often i do NOT find this out by myself so, where to ask?

Once you are reasonably sure in this case that its not a local problem
the best approach is to contact the openSUSE maintainer through bugzilla
they can then determine if its an openSUSE or upstream issue, then if
your happy to you can create an upstream bug report if not its the
maintainers job to do it.

But how can a user know that "its not a local problem" if he doesn't
know himself? By asking on the mail list...

Yes in this case if the user isn't sure ask in the opensuse-support@,
mailing list, if the user is pretty sure create a bug report.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30