Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:54:38 +0200
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

12.06.2018 08:39, Per Jessen пишет:

So this feature would need another adjustment for minimal speed to
reject a repo.

Unless the current download code is able to download in parallel :-?

Yes, it normally does. A download is split into chunks, and these
are fetched from multiple mirrors.

As far as I can tell default downloader in zypper is curl; can it
really do it? This would require using aria as default.

It is done with segmented downloading, really just plain http. "get me
a bit of this file, from x to y".

I looked at this years back, because I was having trouble getting squid
to cache the repos. A download is split into chunks of 256Kb, then
spread across the available mirrors.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.8°C)