Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
On 2018-06-11 22:48, Fraser_Bell wrote:
On 06/10/2018 01:36 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
What I would like to see is an easy "simple click" method in Yast to
pick a closer mirror or an alternate mirror when the default chosen
mirror has a problem or is otherwise unsuitable.

A black/preferred list in YaST would work.
But if the decision is made by mirrorbrain and not by our computers, I
do not see how.

Slightly Off Topic:
Note that I did not include the entire quote, just the relevant part. Others reading this list might find that to be a useful trick, IMHO.

It is actually the correct thing to do on a mail list ;-)

On Topic:

Thanks, Carlos, for hints.

I do think there is a way, though.  An option in zypper and/or in Yast might be able to temporarily (or even permanantly) "hard-code" a preferred mirror in a User's repo list, or some such similar thing.

Patrick posted a method I saw later, and which works now, whereas my idea would need to be coded.

On the repo file, edit:

baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://distro.ibiblio.org/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://suse.mobile-central.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
type=rpm-md

ie, baseurl becomes a list of repos in preferred order. However, I understand it goes to the next one only if the previous fails completely - and an slow link is a working one.

So this feature would need another adjustment for minimal speed to reject a repo.

Unless the current download code is able to download in parallel :-?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.