Re: [opensuse] at and openSUSE Leap 15.0
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:31:41 +0100
John Young wrote:

The problem was not that "at" wasn't in my path. The problem
was that "at" (and its associated "atd") was not installed.

This is exactly what 'cnf' (acronym of command not found) is intended for.
You know the name of a command, but not how to install it. It will look in
available packages and tell you which package contains that program.

woodstock:~% cnf at

Program 'at' is present in package 'at', which is installed on your system.

When
I searched for the package in yast2, I did not find it. I thought
that was odd, but I followed the link supplied by Richard and was
easily able to install "at" and "atd". No, I have no idea why it
was not found before...

Maybe you overlooked it - often happens to me. I use zypper for almost
anything, but a general 'zypper search at' finds 4423 matches. In this case a
"zypper search -x at" is more useful.