Re: [opensuse] Why does software.opensuse.org prompt for Distro Settings -- and then IGNORE them?
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:16:30 +0200
Op maandag 11 juni 2018 20:12:11 CEST schreef David C. Rankin:
All,

For the first time today, software.opensuse.org triggered a pop-up window
prompting me to choose a distribution to limit the search results (the
default in the dropdown is "All Distributions").

I had no complaint with the past behavior of the page, but I though cool,
I'll chose OpenSuse Leap 42.3 and just get results I'm looking for...

Nope - despite triggering an unwanted and unwelcome pop-up, and then my
selecting 4.23, the search returns packages for All Distributions (mtpaint
package here)

openSUSE Tubleweed
openSUSE Leap 15.0
openSUSE Leap 42.3
SUSE SLE-15
openSUSE:12.3
openSUSE:13.1
openSUSE:13.2
openSUSE:Leap:42.1
openSUSE:Leap:42.2
openSUSE:11.3
openSUSE:11.4
openSUSE:12.1
openSUSE:12.2
DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.2

I don't mind looking at all packages, but when I get an annoying setting
dialog prompting me to enter setting to limit the results -- I expect it to
work...
The path to the solution is not YaR, but a bugreport.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member