Re: [opensuse] Mailinglist changes going forward
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:17:44 +0200
Op maandag 11 juni 2018 15:11:22 CEST schreef Richard Brown:
On 11 June 2018 at 14:50, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/06/18 03:53 AM, Richard Brown wrote:
And we can attempt doing so without directly impeding the separate,
unique community that has formed on this list.

Thank you for the longer meta-discussion, Richard.

I've chose that sentence to reply to of all you say because what I've seen
in this thread is often a response to the, possibly implied, possibly
stated, "threat" to shut down this list after opensuse-support@ becomes
established.

If you can clarify and guarantee that shut down will not happen then a lot
of this discussion will go away as there is no basis for it.

I am in no position to give any such guarantees - for this list or any
other. The Board makes decisions. The Board consists of 5 other people
besides myself. I cannot speak to the will of my 5 current colleagues
nor any future colleagues the community elects in the coming years.

Therefore I will not promise that the Board in the future will not
consider or decide something in that future

I do promise that there has been no such decision regarding this list
to date, and as my long 'meta-discussion' post should indicate, I
would describe the current mood of the current Board being one that is
keen to explore options that should hopefully avoid the need for any
such decision in the future.
For the record: I confirm what Richard writes here.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member