Re: [opensuse] Leap 15 and rhythmbox
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 02:00:34 +0200
Op maandag 11 juni 2018 01:34:01 CEST schreef don fisher:
On 06/09/2018 07:23 PM, don fisher wrote:
I am having troubles with rhythmbox. The application opens, and I can
select a track to play. But none of the buttons work. I receive an error
message:
Unable to grab media player keys:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.ServiceUnKnown: The name
org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files

I do not have Gnome installed. And I do not know what this means. Please
help.
Don

Rhytmbox generates error messages:

dconf-CRITICAL **: unable to create file '/run/user/1000/dconf/user':
Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.
dconf-WARNING **: failed to commit changes to dconf: Could not connect:
Permission denied

I did change the owner of some of the files under user to myself. No
success.

Don
I have to agree with Patrick's reply furter on in the thread: You have
seriously borked your system. I've done a dozen of upgrades and an equal
amount of fresh installs and have not met any of the issues you're reporting
on this ML. Please start over with the defaults, then report issues. Not after
tinkering / adjusting the system installed.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member