Re: [opensuse] /dev/devicemapper on leap 15
10.06.2018 22:12, Per Jessen пишет:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

09.06.2018 22:34, Per Jessen пишет:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

09.06.2018 19:28, Per Jessen пишет:
jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

I test Leap 15 on various hardware and noticed that it seems to be
necessary to use /dev/devicemapper everywhere in place of
/dev/sdX, when no lvw is used

lvm ?

if so, no I have no problem using /dev/sdX.

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/531551-Multiboot-openSUSE-Leap-15-grub2-mkconfig-does-not-detect-other-installed-OS?p=2868962#post2868962

Any chance of a short summary? I too use multipath, but I don't
think we've upgraded any multipathed server to leap15 yet. I don't
know if jdd uses multipathing.

Clean installation on desktop with SATA controller suddenly ends up
with multipathing being active.

Wow, that's new.

This is apparently specific to Live ISO. I just booted Live GNOME on
QEMU and multipath is active. "multipath -c /dev/sda" says "not valid
multipath device" :)