Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 14:12:20 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 09/06/18 01:27 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
The main objective is to minimize download time.

Look up "The Herc and the F-15" under air force jokes.

Why I see zypper is going to download a new kernel I go make a pot of
coffee.

Much depends on mirrors available in or near your location. And your
own downstream link of course.
A kernel is about 50Mb, for me it takes just over a second, from a local
Swiss server. From Germany, 8seconds, from Sweden, 1.2seconds, from
Bulgaria, 38sec.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (25.4°C)