Re: [opensuse] zypper dup very busy defragging btrfs, when there is nobtrfs partition...
On 08/06/18 12:51 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
But you don't "install" btrfs. You partition a disk as btrfs, or as
something else. At the time of formatting, the tools must be available -
so you need btrfs tools before.

I think you are missing the point that Rodney and I ar tying to make.
Yes, if I want to set up a partiution to use a spcifi tytpe of FS I'll install
the toolkit for administering that.
So what?
I don't use BtrFS so I don't have that toolkit.

Without that toolkit I can't mkfs.btrfs anyway

# mkfs.btrfs
If 'mkfs.btrfs' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the
package that contains it, like this:
cnf mkfs.btrfs
main:~ # cnf mkfs.btrfs

The program 'mkfs.btrfs' can be found in following packages:
* btrfsprogs [ path: /sbin/mkfs.btrfs, repository: zypp (repo-oss) ]
* btrfsprogs [ path: /usr/sbin/mkfs.btrfs, repository: zypp (repo-oss) ]
]

Try installing with:
zypper install btrfsprogs

So your point is a bit off the mark.

What you ask is rather more complex to implement. It could be the YaST
partitioner module that somehow ASKS the package management module to
install the rpm for the filesystems it created, later during the
installation. I doubt this hook exist, and it would be complext to do.

I don't think so.

There are many things I've done with Yast where it has asked me to install a
package.
Seeing what FS you have available is easy enough:

# cat /proc/filesystems | egrep -v nodev