Re: [opensuse] zypper dup very busy defragging btrfs, when there is nobtrfs partition...
On 2018-06-08 23:11, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 08/06/18 10:53 AM, Richard Brown wrote:

If you removed all of them gparted would be rather useless..

You are being quite ridiculous, Richard.
That's like saying removing all the drivers under /lib/modules/*/kernel/fs

Quite obviously you would never do that.
You would install the toolkits that are relevant to the file systems that you
do
use AND ONLY THOSE.

Well, no, the kernel has modules for absolutely everything. It looks if
you have them at run time, not install time.

And yes, I don't have GParted.
More inadequate design that would bring in more unnecessary bloat.

Why should I use GParted to shuffle partitions back and forth when I can use
the
immensely more flexible and capable LVM?

Because it is a very good partitioner that handles about everytype of
disk. Even LVM!

You don't like it, don't install it. But then, you have yast and its
partitioner, which also probably requires all supported filesystem type
tools.

The distribution has to carry generic cases for most people, not
particular cases. That's up to you. So yes, by default all filesystems
are supported, even those you do not use.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.