Re: [opensuse] Problem with system suddenly swapping with large amount of ram (seems a memory leak?)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 15:51:54 +0200
stakanov wrote:

Since the update to Leap 15, the longer my system runs, the more
memory it consumes. I tried to track this but I do not understand.
Following is the output of the terminal of meminfo and I join also a
link with the output (snapshot) of top.

https://paste.opensuse.org/16233536

Just for comparison - my leap15 KDE desktop - not overly active,
browser, gimp, skanlite - runs 185 processes. 4G of memory of which
3.5G used. Yours is running more than twice the number processes.

Note that the system has 8 gb of RAM and should never swap.

With that workload, yeah, it might very well.

Seems to me you have a lot of akonadi stuff running?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (25.4°C)