Re: [opensuse] Q: 4.16 kernel status for Leap 15
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 18:26:09 +0200
Knurpht @ openSUSE wrote:

Op woensdag 6 juni 2018 16:26:17 CEST schreef Andrei Verovski:
Hi !

Is this kernel (4.16 from pmdpalma home repository) works stable on
Leap 15 ? I’m going to use it in production system, KVM host system.

http://ftp.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pmdpalma:/core:/Kernel_stable_sta
ndard/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/
And you ask this after deciding to use it on a production system? This
is a home: repo, these are for packagers to create packages, break
them, fix them, break them again. Never on one of my production
systems. Never.

Couldn't agree more :-)

if you _must_ have the latest kernel, for whatever reason, maybe check
this out:

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Kernel_of_the_day

Personally, in production I prefer being backlevel.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.6°C)