Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0 woes -- fresh install
On 2018-06-04 22:51, Dave Howorth wrote:

How do we turn it off?

Maybe remove the package?

cer@minas-tirith:~> rpm -qf /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/tar
bash-completion-2.1-16.3.noarch
cer@minas-tirith:~>

Or, perhaps there is a key that disables it while typing. Just guessing,
but if I were the programmer I would have added it, so the real me would
instead read docs to find out.

The documentation file /usr/share/doc/packages/bash-completion/README
says the feature can be disabled on a per user basis.

There is a FAQ, and there is indeed a key that disables it.

Q. The bash completion code inhibits some commands from completing on
files with extensions that are legitimate in my environment. Do I
have to disable completion for that command in order to complete on
the files that I need to?

A. No. Use M-/ to (in the words of the man page) attempt file name
completion on the text to the left of the cursor. This will
circumvent any file type restrictions put in place by the bash
completion code.

Now, find out which is the meta key.

There is also a Q on tar.

--