Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0 woes -- fresh install
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 15:38:41 -0500
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/04/2018 07:47 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Yeah, I've been caught a few times like this. When did this start,
instead of just tab-completing with all and any available files?
Is it customisable?
Yes.

See /usr/share/bash-completion/*, and in this case,
"/usr/share/bash-completion/completions/tar". Once bash knows that
the command is "tar" it applies that configuration, and only looks
for tar files.

So much for tab-completion just working...

Yeah, looks like too much magic to me.

It seems to me it would make a whole lot more sense just to default to
traditional "all" tab-completion. Then if some power-user wants to
tweak the tab-completion to his liking, the feature is there.

How do we turn it off?