Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0 woes -- fresh install
On Tue, 05 Jun 2018, Per Jessen wrote:
No, I don't think so.  It doesn't do ipv6 multicast either.  The reasons
for using chrony are mostly to do with security, I believe.  In a
closed environment with a local reference clock I don't think chrony is
the right thing.

In the past I've used chrony for machines that are only intermittently online.
Ntpd didn't copy too well when the offline clocks drifted too far from the
reference clock. When connectivity is restored, chrony is able to
smoothly bring the clocks back into sync.

So chrony would also be a good default if the connectivity of the box is
unknown.