Re: [opensuse] Microsoft Sculpt keyboard
On 06/04/2018 11:56 AM, John Andersen wrote:
On June 4, 2018 7:39:01 AM PDT, "Jeffrey L. Taylor" <jeff.taylor@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Anyone used the newer MS Scuplt keyboard with the separate numeric
keypad? It
feels really nice under my fingers. I always wonder about Microsoft,
have
they done something proprietary with their hardware.

TIA,
Jeffrey

Well, yes, they have put their patents on them and introduced non standard
keys.

But they do work quite well, and most models are known to Linux.

So if the specific model you are considering can be found In the list of
supported keyboards you won't have any problems. Most of the time the
hardware detection will determine the correct settings automatically.

If  that's the one which is split in half left-right, that's the one
which is (repeatedly, incorrectly) autodetected for my laptop.  Most all
the keys work for me though.