Re: [opensuse] Idiot Question about Btrfs
On 2 June 2018 at 13:26, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A separate /boot partition can be more harmful than beneficial these
days; for example on openSUSE distributions it prevents the use of
boot-to-snapshot features which are really nice to have by default

I see you didn't catch the intended irony :-)

I said "once upon a time", ie, long ago. At a time when /boot was
needed. It was just an example of "this size is big enough", proven
wrong later. Not to be taken as "use /boot separate partition", but as
"50 GB is ample enough for '/'". Well, it is now...

omg. That means...we AGREE ABOUT SOMETHING?

Everyone mark this date

I'm pretty sure this is one of the signs of the apocalypse!

//

Seriously, thanks for the clarification, and yes, exactly, I'm of the
school that's it better to use all the space available rather than
start small and find it's not enough down the road.