[opensuse] a little help with Leap 5
I have been having a lot of trouble with upgrade, so pardon this if stupid question.

I do not use LVM. When I boot the Leap 15 DVD and try to set up partitions, I get 6 rather that the usual 3 generated under 14.3. For some reason, that I can probably research on google, it sets up partition 1 as a BIOS boot partition. Not sure why this is required. But then it sets up partitions 2 and 3 as BtrFS partitions, then partition 5 as another BtrFS partition mounted as root. Then partitions for the usual swap and home file systems.

Why are there 3 BtrFS partitions? The only comment I can find, all the way in Release notes:7 technical, is that there is a single subvolume for all of /var.

I changed the root file system type to xfs and was able to generate the 3, (4 with BIOS boot), partition layout I am familiar with.

Comments please.
Don