[opensuse] Mailinglist changes to make them culturally impoverished and destroy the community identity
On 29/05/18 10:31 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-05-29 23:30, Fraser_Bell wrote:

Exactly.  It is a great Forum, with great Volunteer Support, and is
Moderated so that the garbage that floods these mail lists tends to be
almost totally absent.

Then, it is Ok to post to the web forum asking if something is a bug or
an error, but it is not ok to ask the same thing in the mail list?

You mean that there is no Wonderful Volunteer Support on the mail list?

I think you mean 'peer support', as in 'just another user' as opposed to
'developer', expert, or 'volunteer' in the sense of someone who hangs around
waiting to answer questions as opposed to the 'just another user' who has been
in the same situation once before.

And I think what they men by 'garbage' is discussions like this.

Someone said that politeness, social niceties, simple things like chatting,
flirting and so are the what cushion the bumps of life. I'd rather have
decorative garbage, even if it is 'art for arts sake' that I don't particularly
like rather that stark Stalinist efficiency.
We've seen what life is like in the cities with those faceless "projects' tower
blocks. Society falls apart.

Calling such 'cushions' 'garbage' is an attempt to daemonize them.
To quote from one of the entries in my DatabaseOfDotSigQuotes:

they covert poverty ... they make a wasteland and call it peace.