Re: [opensuse] conflict between nut and apcupsd - really?
On 11/29/2017 07:43 AM, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
I really want both installed, not for monitoring, but for maintainance of
UPSes (we have many, of various brands, and nut does not support all commands
on APC units...)

Still googling around to find out how to override that conflict. Is there
one, or do I have to unpack the rpm manually and install it without knowledge
of the packet manager?

Take a look to make sure the conflict isn't the potential use of the same
usbhid driver to communicate with usb upses. There shouldn't be any problem
for RS232 communications. If you are only using one at a time, I don't see any
other potential conflict between the two. I use both (just not on the same
box). This is probably a packaging issue, but I can't say that with 100%
certainty.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.