Re: [opensuse] How does one setup mythtv?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 17:33:56 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I see file "/usr/share/doc/packages/mythtv-docs/database/mc.sql"

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS mythconverg;
GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv@localhost IDENTIFIED BY
"mythtv"; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
GRANT CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO
mythtv@localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE
utf8_general_ci;

But how do I run that? It is not a bash script.

It is plain SQL:

mysql -u root -p </usr/share/doc/packages/mythtv-docs/database/mc.sql

Well, to you it is plain. I do not know SQL at all. It is Greek or
Chinese to me.

"plain" = "just". Nothing special, just sql.

I figured out that I had to open the program "mysql" as root and paste
all those lines one by one. But the backend does not start - see my
other post. Missing feature in mysql.

The timezone thing - it's not really a feature, AFAIK mysql needs that
information for certain timezone-related functions to work.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.2°C)