%
% Bob Williams wrote:
%
% > On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 16:42:43 +0100
% > Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
% >
% >> I was more thinking of it being built-in - having to configure it
% >> explicitly is, well, a bit backward.
% >>
% > Not really. It allows you to add non-standard quote markers as you
% > come across them. As well as '>', I have seen $, : ~ and even % ;-)

Don't forget ! as well.

I supposed it would be rude to use # and comment out everything other
people say :-)

%
% I got the impression from David that he thought '%' was standardized.

Oh, no; I'm quite aware that I'm weird :-) But a good MUA will come
preconfigured to recognize quite a handful as well as easily be able
to accept more, and so I'd more than half expect that my text would be
recognized right out of the box.

HH

:-D
--