Re: [opensuse] Display problems
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-zr2740w/specs/ suggests to me your display is
defective, in that it should have OSD (if not to report trouble, at least for
manual configuration, such as height and width tweaking). Do you not have any
way to try a different display with the dock, or the display with a different
PC
or laptop, to narrow down the problem's source?

I just tried it with my Thinkpad T60p connected to the dock. It works
just fine at 2560x1440. However, for some reason, which I think is a
limit on the laptop, when I try to configure it seperately from the
LVDS on the laptop, it crashes the screen and I have to
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to get out of it. When I log into X, the HP is set
at 1280x720(xrandr only shows that and 2560x1440 for the LCD on the
DVI). When I config it to 2560x1440, it works, but it bleeds over
onto the onboard LCD of the laptop about 1/2 way. Again, I think it's
a limitation on the laptop for that. xrandr shows a max of 8192x8192
with the firegl 5200, so it should technically work. OR, I could have
a bad video chip on this board, that doesn't show it until I hit it.
I have 2 other motherboards, so I will have to try another one when I
get time.