Re: [opensuse] systemctl stop graphical.target
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:39:56 +0300
Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

28.11.2017 21:22, Richmond пишет:

Richmond doesn't seem to be having much luck with his question.
I can't answer it myself but I can see some difficulties with the
proposed answers:

If I can start X with:

systemctl start graphical.target

should I not also be able to stop it again with:

systemctl stop graphical.target ?

If "it" in above sentence refers to "X" - no, you should not.

It would be more helpful if you explained WHY the symmetry does not
apply.

I have found this leaves the system unusable with no virtual
console or graphical interface, so I have to reboot.

I cannot reproduce it on either Leap or TW.

And to quote your implied question - what is 'it' here?