Re: [opensuse] Get an SSD just for swap?
On 27/11/17 13:21, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
On 27 November 2017 at 11:59, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

That means I need a 64Gb SSD.
If you use btrfs, double it.
After I was caught out during an upgrade with root full because of
snapshots, I don't think I will be using btrfs again, sorry suse.

Besides, SSD is too expensive for snapshots. I could simply do a
manual snapshot to the HDD before large changes and perhaps cron it
once a month.

(But I do wonder how to create the right tar command that would not
attempt to tar /home and other mounted stuff and /proc etc. Advice
appreciated).

--one-file-system ???

Cheers,
Wol