Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 suddenly doesnt assign ipv4 default route via dhcpv4 any more?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 18:59:20 +0100
cagsm wrote:

Hi there,

today I was called to figure out what network trouble there was going
on. Turns out that a 42.3 leap installation configured for dhcp v4,
was getting its address but wasnt getting a default route at all.

route -n

shows only the local lan

Just to be safe - check what dhcp is giving you -

cat /var/lib/wicked/lease-ethX-dhcp-ipv4.xml

ipv6 route is there

That is not dhcp related. (it comes from a router or radvd daemon).

The only stuff I can think of right now is this recent yast network
update.

Looks like openSUSE-2017-1295. I haven't applied that one yet.
Will have to try it out

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.4°C)