Re: [opensuse] OT: Strange Idea Proof of Concept
On 11/23/2017 09:14 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
What ways are there that one would could use to achieve this?

Well, you could start with about 3000 floppies, to match the capacity of
a DVD. Next problem, where to buy them. I haven't seen them in stores
for quite a few years. Then there's the issue of many computers no
longer having floppy drives. I have a notebook computer, which I bought
6 years ago. It does not have a floppy drive.

These days, the better solution is to use a USB pen drive. They're
cheap, readily available and any computer built in the past several
years can boot from them. This will also be a *LOT* faster than
stuffing a huge stack of floppies into the drive.