Re: [opensuse] SOT: fetchmail and AOL's SSL mail
* Jeffrey L. Taylor <jeff.taylor@xxxxxxxx> [11-26-17 06:23]:
While I was on vacation, my wife's AOL account switched to mandatory SSL
e-mail. It's taken me several hours of Googling and fiddling to find
something that works. The non-obvious key was to specify SSL, not SSLPROTO.
The first few lines of .fetchmailrc needs to look something like this:

poll pop.aol.com with proto POP3 service pop3s
user 'AOL_username' there with password 'AOL_PASSWORD' ssl is

I'm posting here because it is the only place I have OT access to that Google
and probably other search engines will index.

SSLPROTO 'TLS1' does not work. Perhaps another SSL protocol would. I see no
reason to override AOL's first choice.

I don't have aol, but do have a hotmail account and I use:

poll pop3.live.com tracepolls with proto POP3 timeout 60
user '<user>@hotmail.com' there with password '<passwd>' is \
'<user>' here options fetchall stripcr sslproto tls1 ssl \
sslcertck