Re: [opensuse] zypper addrepo - http:// vs. https://
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 21:54:25 +0100
Dave Howorth wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 21:00:36 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Getting every openSUSE mirror to support
https:// is highly unlikely

It seems like that should be a priority for 'the-powers-that-be'?

Hi Dave

it's simply not likely to happen:

https://progress.opensuse.org/news/40

Why would 'we' want any mirrors using plain http?

It is more the other way around - why would a mirror want to offer
https:// ?

Now maybe I'm ignorant and everything is protected by individual
signatures on each package or somesuch so the transport is irrelevant,
but naive people like me would feel better if https was used.

Absolutely, which is probably some well-intentioned soul changed links
and enabled download.o.o for https. Unfortunately it just won't work.
Not in the short term certainly.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.0°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.