Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 12:51:24 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2017-11-24 at 07:53 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I don't do any video cutting myself - mythtv has the marks, that is
sufficient.

Interesting.

I read somewhere that MythTV used a contributive system to publish the
commercial starts-ends, so that the thing could automatically skip
them when playing, or perhaps when saving.

To be honest, I don't use the commercial detection system in MythTV. I
think I had trouble with it in the beginning (5 years ago), and then
never bothered again. When an ad section starts, I find it just as
easy to press '4' and skip forward (cursor right). (95% of ad sections
are 4 minutes long, some 2/3/5 even 6). You also get to judge the
popularity - the longer the break, the more popular the show :-)

I wish that kodi would have a similar thing.

I thought kodi was just a media player? Or does it record as well?

Yes, it displays TV and radio from a variety of sources, using a pletora of plugins, and can directly record from those.

Now that I think, it probably has a plugin to display from youtube.

"Closed" source boxes using kodi may have plugins to "hijack" from sources perhaps illegally.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.