Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 07:53:45 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Thursday, 2017-11-23 at 15:48 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I only need a simple editor for streams recorded from TV. I want to
remove the start lead, the tail end, and the commercials in the
middle.

I was reading some thread about cutting on the mythtv list - I can't
find it again, but in mythtv, you mark the lead and the tail, and you
can have mythtv mark the commercials. I am pretty certain I saw
someone mention that he used ffmpeg to do the cutting based on the
marks from mythtv.

Somebody also mentioned https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut

I don't do any video cutting myself - mythtv has the marks, that is
sufficient.

Interesting.

I read somewhere that MythTV used a contributive system to publish the
commercial starts-ends, so that the thing could automatically skip
them when playing, or perhaps when saving.

To be honest, I don't use the commercial detection system in MythTV. I
think I had trouble with it in the beginning (5 years ago), and then
never bothered again. When an ad section starts, I find it just as
easy to press '4' and skip forward (cursor right). (95% of ad sections
are 4 minutes long, some 2/3/5 even 6). You also get to judge the
popularity - the longer the break, the more popular the show :-)

I wish that kodi would have a similar thing.

I thought kodi was just a media player? Or does it record as well?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.7°C)