Re: [opensuse] OT: Strange Idea Proof of Concept
On 23/11/17 09:14 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
Someone said to me the other day that it is possible to convert a linux
install
ISO, such as openSUSE, Fedora or Ubuntu and put it on floppy disks to install
from directly with no CD.

[....]

However, I was quite intrigued by this floppy idea and thought it would be a
good proof of concept. What ways are there that one would could use to achieve
this?

In my DatabaseOfDotSigQuotes I have the line:

If I still had 8" floppy drives I'd be much more concerned
about hardware failures, storage capacity and performance
issues than BS viruses.

I admit that 5" floppies would have fewer issues than 8" floppies, but nostalgia
has its problems. Vinyl audio may be interesting and so is steam railway, but
at least film photography has some colour/optical/dynamic range benefits.

I think linux-on-a-floppy is of limited interest to only a hard-core group, even
more hard-core than the KDE3 group, and as such probably warrants its own ML.