[opensuse] OT: Strange Idea Proof of Concept
Someone said to me the other day that it is possible to convert a linux install ISO, such as openSUSE, Fedora or Ubuntu and put it on floppy disks to install from directly with no CD.

Of course it would be very impractical and also would use many floppies. But then perhaps it could be useful for some uses (although I could not imagine any).

Now personally I have a few floppies with PLOP bootloader on them. I haven't used them for a while but occasionally I will come across a computer with a botched CD drive or the USB ports will not work in the BIOS so it is useful to boot to PLOP then choose the linux USB or CD.

However, I was quite intrigued by this floppy idea and thought it would be a good proof of concept. What ways are there that one would could use to achieve this?